INSURE YOUR HOME
When purchasing a French property it is essential to organise sufficient insurance and if you intend to take out a French mortgage on the home some forms of French property insurance are compulsory.
- Life assurance for mortgage protection
- Home insurance
- French Assurance Vie products (typical life insurance)
Life assurance to protect a mortgage is generally available in two forms:
- Cover of the remaining outstanding capital in case of death or disability
- Cover of the remaining payments in case of long-term incapacity (accident or serious illness
French banks do not generally offer mortgages to non-residents without life assurance mortgage protection. When applying for a French mortgage the mortgage protection and loan application are processed in tandem.
However, since 25th March 2019, ICE Finance has entered into agreements with a number of French based banks where for clients introduced via ICE Finance the banks do NOT require life insurance – please enquire within.
As organising French property insurance is such an important part of obtaining a French mortgage, we have helped countless clients with this process.
- Quick and easy process
- Utilise special packages for non-residents
- Comprehensive coverage
- Simple application forms
- This is a very common form of life insurance policy in France.
- It is typically a form of savings plan, offering tax incentives, with built in life cover.
- It is also used in Inheritance Tax planing and property succession.
- Please discuss with a qualified investment officer.