NEED SOMETHING SPECIAL?
We have a wide set of relationships with international private banks based mainly in the countries listed below.
If you are considering a new French private banking relationship
we can easily match you with the right private bank to suit your needs.
- Many people set up a new private banking relationship in the course of the purchase of a high value property.
- The reasons for this can be manifold but generally private banks can help when the client:
- has a situation is too complex for French retail banks
- does not want to engage in the lengthy documentation process for getting a French retail loan
- has more assets than income
- has an existing portfolio of cash assets without any loans against them.
- The benefits of working with private bank are that you have a relationship with a single private banker
- One person who will be the liaison point of contact for any issues relating to your account.
- The interest rate on private banking loans are generally lower than those found with traditional French retail banks.
- The essentials of a private banking relationship are that the client brings a significant amount of cash assets to the bank such a cash, bond or equities portfolio.
- The private banker will then agree a strategy to manage this portfolio to generate a return to match your appetite for risk.
- Once this wider relationship is established with the bank lending on property can be discussed.
- Broadly speaking there are three main types of lending by private banks for French property: