If you are looking to reduce your income tax liability, the French government is rewarding investment in certain types of property development with tax credits.
This can either be done through direct investment in physical property, or via investment funds.
The two main categories of property that fall within the schemes are :
- Loi Pinel : New build, ecologically friendly properties in areas where rental demand is greater than the available housing stock.
- Loi Malraux : Rehabilitation of historic properties
In both cases, the properties must be rented out during the tax credit period (6, 9 or 12 years).
New build investments under the Loi Pinel allow the investor to :
- Obtain tax credits of 12, 18 or 21%, spread over 6, 9 or 12 years.
- Invest in new build property, built to current standards for energy consumption and efficiency.
- Receive rental income throughout the term of the investment period (once the property build is complete).
- Upon completion of the investment period, the investor can continue to rent the property or take ownership themselves.
Historic property renovations under the Loi Malraux allow the investor to :
- Obtain tax credits of either 22 or 30% of the renovation costs each year.
- Invest in city centre historic properties.
It is possible to invest in both schemes via investment funds.
These have the benefits of :
- Low minimum investment amounts
- Shorter initial investment period with no rental return
The first step is a phone call to discuss your situation in general terms. We can then quickly provide you with an outline idea of how we can help you.
If you want to proceed further, we then start the more detailed 360º review.
Initially we will fill out a questionnaire together that gives an overview of your situation.
We will then ask you to provide supporting documents so that we can check the fine print.
We then carry out two principle checks :
- What impact the financial strategy we create for you will have on your global situation.
- Are there any unforeseen issues that may cause you problems in the future.
We then present you with a detailed report, highlighting areas of concern and suggestions on how to achieve your goals.
You can then decide whether you would like to proceed further.
We can work with you to execute our suggested strategy. Any additional costs will be fully disclosed prior to taking action.
The initial discussion to review your general situation and what you want to achieve is free.
We provide you with an overview of how we can assist you.
If you decide you want to proceed further, the 360º Financial Review starts at EUR 960 HT. The cost may increase, dependant on the complexity of your situation.
Entrance and management fees vary according to the product. In our initial discussions we can provide you with outline figures.
Detailed costs will be provided before any action is undertaken.